Sunday, January 06, 2008

The 3 Tomatoes Joke, 10 Dec 07-4 Jan 08

Sorry folks. Busy time, what with work and the holidays and Muriels cramming and Screengrab upping my posts to 10 per week. Here's all the stuff I've written in the last month or so, roughly in reverse chronological order:

My Top 10 of 2007 (as of 1 January)- sure to change over the next month. At least, I hope so.



Markku Peltola (1956-2007)- raising a glass to one of Kaurismäki's finest.

YouTube Cabinet of Curiosities: Night on Bald Mountain- although if you read last week's best-of-rep roundup, you're more or less covered here.

Farewell, J. Ro... But Not Really- Hey Reader, if you're looking for a new critic... aw, who am I kidding? I'm just hoping they don't promote Pat Graham.


Notable Trailers of 2007- The Best. The Worst. The best fake trailer. The best comedy trailer. The coolest.

Anderson, Par Vantage Conspire to Make Smaller Cities Feel Inferior- grumble grumble.

SLIFR University Announces Eminent New Professor- this one's for you, Dennis!

Critics Make Lists, Give Awards, Close Book on 2007- with one big exception, of course... The Muriel Awards!



Holiday Trailer Roundup- Gremlins. Die Hard 12: Die Hungry. Black Christmas '74.

YouTube Cabinet of Curiosities: Sondheim on Film- from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'll leave you to decide which is which.

(The first in a series, I'm hoping.)

YouTube Cabinet of Curiosities: Something Weird Tribute Edition- do YOU know the law in this state?

The Thirteen Greatest Long-Ass Movies of All Time, Part 1 and Part 2- I blurbed War and Peace, Satantango, and of course La Commune and Out 1. I suppose that's the benefit of suggesting the damn thing.

Also, Trailer Roundups out the wazoo!: Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Stop-Loss. The new Andrew Bemis movie. Speed Racer. The Master Great Debaters. In Bruges.

No comments: