Monday, September 24, 2007

Famous Last Words: For Real This Time

I know that at least a few of you out there have been enjoying my weekly Famous Last Words quiz for the last month or so. Some have even tried- some successfully, some not- to guess the quotations I've posted. It's been fun, in my opinion, but thusfar nothing has been at stake. Until now, that is.

Every Sunday, I will continue to post a Famous Last Words quiz, but beginning this upcoming weekend I'll be keeping score. Over the next ten weeks, whoever correctly identifies the most quotations will win a prize. It won't be something extravagant or anything, like the 50 Years of Janus Films box set or a year's supply of Braunschweiger, but it'll definitely be something you can use. I'll announce what the prize will be on Sunday, when I post the first official quiz.

Why am I doing this, you ask? Part of it is to increase traffic around here. Nothing brings people out of the woodwork like free stuff. But I also thought it would be fun to do, and hopefully it'll be fun for you all to play.

I've created a special e-Mail address specifically for the game, so if you have any questions or thoughts about the Famous Last Words game prior to the first round, feel free to e-Mail them to me at lastwordsquiz@yahoo.com. I'll post the official rules of the game later this week.

In the meantime, let's get the word out. More people means more competition, which should mean more fun for all. See you Sunday!

1 comment:

Milena said...

Excellent idea! Lots of fun for sure :D