Saturday, May 05, 2007

Personal Movie Quiz thing

In the interest of bringing you new-ish content while stirring up some discussion, I decided to post here my responses to a little quiz Theo passed along a while back. The questions are a little basic (whoever wrote them is certainly no Professor Irwin Corey) but it's still pretty fun. Some of you may have already taken this elsewhere, but for those who haven't, go nuts. Also, don't worry Dennis- I don't plan to make this a regular thing.

I may add more notes later on if time permits.

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

BELLE DE JOUR.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

JURASSIC PARK. Six times on its original release (four at the dollar theatre- hey, I was 15), and once at a midnight show a few years back.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Female: Isabelle Huppert.
Male: Ray Winstone.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Chris Tucker. I knew I was going to love JACKIE BROWN as soon as Ordell blew Beaumont's brains out (hey, that's a poem!). Although anymore he only makes movies with the words "Rush" and "Hour" in the title, which makes it much easier on me. Thanks, Chris!

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

ANNIE HALL. I know I've found someone cool when they quote it back.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Used to be ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, back in my high school years. Now? A HARD DAY'S NIGHT!

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

8 WOMEN. Although to be fair my French is rusty to the point where some of the lyrics turn into "le watermelon."

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

PLAY TIME.

9. Name a movie that you own.

Random selection- THEY ALL LAUGHED.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

I don't like country music, but Dwight Yoakam has turned out to be a pretty interesting actor. But David Bowie is the right answer here.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

We used to go a few times a year when I was little. Only one I can think of is THE NAKED GUN.

12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.

A NOS AMOURS. Among others.

13. Ever walked out of a movie?

Yes, though I don't do it very often unless it's deeply offensive or there are technical issues, like when I bailed on THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP last fall due to severe ghosting.

14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

THE IRON GIANT. I got weird looks from the parents who were there, though no more so than I did just for seeing it by myself at a Saturday afternoon show full of kids.

15. Popcorn?

Never in the theatre, sometimes at home. Those 100-calorie packs are just about the right size.

16. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

As often as something good is playing. Two or three times a week, I'd say.

17. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

L'AMOUR FOU. Hell yes.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

I liked this question better when it was "what kind of movies do you like?" That way, I could respond "good ones."

19. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

THE MUPPET MOVIE.

20. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

SAW.

21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Hard to say. I like "weird" movies, and it'd be hard to pick just one (A recently-viewed contender would be THE SARAGOSSA MANUSCRIPT). An easier question might be- What's the weirdest movie I HAVEN'T enjoyed?

22. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

I used to say ALIEN until I saw AUDITION.

23. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Buster Keaton's THE SCARECROW. "I don't care how she votes, I'm gonna marry her!" Although when I need a laugh, I'm just as likely to put in something from TV- MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, or POLICE SQUAD!- as I am a movie.

No comments: