Sunday, December 19, 2004

Do you have rock'n'roll? Can I buy it?

For those of you who don't get the reference, the title of my blog comes from Don Hertzfeldt's animated short REJECTED. This is seriously one of the funniest things I've seen in a long, long time. I originally saw it as part of Hertzfeldt and Mike Judge's anthology film THE ANIMATION SHOW, but it can also be found online at http://www.bitterfilms.com/. REJECTED was even nominated for an Oscar, for those of you who care about such things. For those who don't, don't let the Academy endorsement frighten you- it's so cool and warped that the nomination was almost certainly a fluke.

Also, WinMX rules. I downloaded a bunch of Leningrad Cowboys music and the sweet "Al Capone" song that I heard in Claire Denis' U.S. GO HOME, among other things. Of course, file-sharing is bad, immoral, etc. But it's also good for those of us who don't have gobs of money to spend on CDs. Therein lies the rub, etc.

For those who are hankering for more film reviews, I should be posting a short piece on OLDBOY in the next day or so, as soon as I'm able to watch it without being interrupted. I'm stoked to see it- I hear it's awesome- but I just haven't had time lately.

No comments: